Entries for the Dayton Daily News/Antioch Writers' Workshop Creative Writing Competition must be postmarked by Friday, March 25, 2011. That means you still have time to enter.
The “best of show” entry will receive a full scholarship to AWW’s July 9-15 workshop. First place winners in the adult and teen categories will receive a scholarship to the workshop’s Saturday Seminar on July 9. The first place winner of the youth category will receive a gift certificate to Books & Co.
Winning stories will be published in the Dayton Daily News. Other top stories will be published at DaytonDailyNews.com and on the AWW’s website.
Be sure to also check out antiochwritersworkshop.com for Full Week and A La Carte workshop options.
Requirements for the Dayton Daily News/Antioch Writers’ Workshop Creative Writing Competition are as follows:
Short story requirements: Fiction only. No memoirs or essays.
Length: 1,800 words maximum.
Stories must be original and unpublished. Writers may submit only one story. Stories must be typed, double-spaced and stapled in the upper left corner. No binders.
Cover page: Each entry must have a cover page with: title(s), writer’s name, age, full address, e-mail address and daytime, evening and cell-phone numbers.
Age categories: Youth (12 years old and younger); Teen (13 to 18 years old); and Adult (19 and older). Entrants must live in the Dayton Daily News circulation area.
Deadline: Entries must be postmarked by March 25
Entry fees: None.
Manuscripts: Hard copy only; no electronic submissions. Manuscripts will not be returned. Because of the volume, we cannot confirm receipt of individual entries over the phone.
Mail entries to: Dayton Daily News/Antioch Writers’ Workshop Creative Writing Contest, c/o Antioch University Midwest, 900 Dayton Street, Yellow Springs, OH 45387.
Winners will be notified around May 1.
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (87)
- Scholarship Entry Deadline for AWW 2011 Approaches...
- “Second Sunday Free Writers’ Workshop” on April 10...
- Poetry Reading Preview: T.M. Göttl
- Poetry Reading Preview: Herbert Woodward Martin
- It’s Not Too Late! Still Time to Enter Dayton Dail...
- Ohio Poets Spring into National Poetry Month
- Tips from AWW Visiting Agent and Editor
- Don't Forget--Tomorrow's "Second Sunday Free Write...
- Calling Young Writers--Scholarships to AWW 2011!
- AWW and the Ohio Poetry Association Co-Sponsoring ...
- Second Sunday Free Writers' Workshop on March 13--...
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2010 (33)