April is National Poetry Month. If you are a poet, poetry reader/fan, or simply interested in experiencing fantastic poetry, treat yourself to a Poetry Reading/Open Mic co-sponsored by AWW and the Ohio Poetry Association!
This event will be held Saturday, March 26, 2:00-5:00 p.m. at Antioch University Midwest (900 Dayton Street, Yellow Springs, Ohio.)
Four fabulous featured readers will get the event started:
•T.M. Gottl--current Vice President of the Ohio Poetry Association and member of the Buffalo ZEF Creative Community. Her work has been found online and in print, in many publications and in her full-length collection Stretching the Window and chapbook Angels and Copper.
•Jamey Dunham is a prose poet and an Assistant Professor of English at Sinclair Community College, where he edits the journal Flights. His poems have appeared in many journals and his poem "An American Story" was included in the anthology Great American Prose Poems: Poe to the Present. Jamey is teaching the afternoon seminar on poetry writing at this year's AWW Full Week Workshop.
•Connie Willett Everett received degrees from Ohio University and Bowling Green State University, including an MFA in creative writing. For fifteen years, she was fiction editor for Heartlands Magazine (Bottom Dog Press), and she is a senior editor for Pudding House Publications.
•Herbert Woodward Martin is an acclaimed poet, professor, and Paul Laurence Dunbar interpreter. His four books of poetry include The Forms of Silence. He has also written an opera, Paul Laurence Dunbar: Common Ground. He has taught many times at past Antioch Writers' Workshops.
Following these readings will be an open mic for any poets who wish to participate! (Open mic poets may read 2 pieces or for up to 5 minutes.) Please plan to arrive about 15 minutes early (at 1:45 p.m.) to sign up for the open mic.
After the readings and open mic, please plan to stay for refreshments and socializing!
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (87)
- Scholarship Entry Deadline for AWW 2011 Approaches...
- “Second Sunday Free Writers’ Workshop” on April 10...
- Poetry Reading Preview: T.M. Göttl
- Poetry Reading Preview: Herbert Woodward Martin
- It’s Not Too Late! Still Time to Enter Dayton Dail...
- Ohio Poets Spring into National Poetry Month
- Tips from AWW Visiting Agent and Editor
- Don't Forget--Tomorrow's "Second Sunday Free Write...
- Calling Young Writers--Scholarships to AWW 2011!
- AWW and the Ohio Poetry Association Co-Sponsoring ...
- Second Sunday Free Writers' Workshop on March 13--...
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2010 (33)