Of course we'd love for you to attend the Full Week Antioch Writers' Workshop (and we're pretty sure you'd like to, too)... but we also realize that sometimes a Full Week commitment just doesn't fit a writer's schedule, budget or perhaps even where she or he is on the writing path.
That's why last year we introduced A La Carte Options (all held at Antioch University Midwest in Yellow Springs, Ohio),perfect for writers who:
• Are just getting started... or need a refresher or a dose of inspiration
• Don't have a full week available to attend the full conference
• Want to try a portion of the workshop before committing to attending for the full week in a future year.
Our A La Carte Options are:
Saturday Seminar--This can be attended by itself, July 9, 2011, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., for $125.00. (Full Week Participants, or those attending either Morning Only or Afternoon Only A La Carte Options, may add on the Saturday Seminar for a discounted fee of $75.00)
Morning Only Classes--Attend Morning Classes with all participants, Monday July 11, through Friday July 15, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Kick off your moning with a complimentary continental breakfast, and then attend lectures in fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and the business of writing. This is a great option for writers who need their afternoons free for family, work... or writing! It's a great way to brush up on techniques, get inspired, and meet other writers. (Registration plus tuition fees equal $375.00)
Afternoon Only "Focus on Form" Seminar--Led by novelist, short story writer, and essayist Becky Morean. Sunday July 10 through Friday July 15, 2:30-5:00 p.m. Guest teachers include a published nonfiction writer and published poet. This is our ONLY afternoon seminar which does not require participants to submit a manuscript. In this afternoon seminar, you'll spend the first three days learning about fiction, poetry and nonfiction--and starting a piece in each genre. For the remaining three days, you'll pick one piece and, with your instructor's guidance, develop it! This is a great option for writers who prefer small group instruction and writing practice... or for those who need their mornings free for family or work. (Registration plus tuition fees equal $375.00.)
Learn more about our A La Carte options on our A La Carte program page, or register on our A La Carte registration page.
Please Note: The following "perks" are reserved for Full Week attendees--lunch with faculty members and pitch sessions with visiting agent and editor. Thank you.
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (87)
- Writing Tips from AWW 2011 Keynoter, Nancy Pickard...
- Apply for Antioch Writers' Workshop scholarships
- AWW's "A La Carte" Options
- Enter Sinclair Community College contest to win sc...
- Announcing... Our 2011 Saturday Seminar Faculty!
- Dayton Daily News/AWW Short Story Contest--Best in...
- Friendly Reminder! Free Second Sunday Writers' Wor...
- Second Sunday FREE Writers' Workshop!
- ▼ February (9)
- ► 2010 (33)