We are pleased to announce our 2011 Saturday Seminar faculty. Please be sure to visit our website's faculty page for full bios.
You can attend the Saturday Seminar:
• "A La Carte"--by itself (cost is $125.00)
• As an add on to the Full Week program (discounted cost for Full Week attendees is $75.00)
The Saturday Seminar is July 9, 2011, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. The seminar is held at Antioch University Midwest in Yellow Springs, Ohio, and includes your choice of three of the four offered sessions:
• To Plot Or Not To Plot (Tim Waggoner)
• Getting Unstuck and Undone! (Rebecca Morean)
• Character Development (Kristina McBride)
• Voice for Poets and Fiction Writers (Chuck Freeland).
Tim Waggoner will also deliver a kick off address, and all instructors will participate in a question and answer session at the end of the seminar.
Continental breakfast and box lunch are provided during the seminar, and attendees are invited to return at 6:00 p.m. for the dessert and wine reception which kicks off the Full Week workshop, followed by the 7:00 keynote by Nancy Pickard.
Full details of the schedule for the Saturday Seminar are on our A La Carte Experience page; register via our A La Carte Registration page.
And now, without further ado... introducing our 2011 Saturday Seminar Faculty:
Tim Waggoner: Saturday Morning Kickoff and "To Plot or Not To Plot" session leader. Tim has published more than twenty novels and two short story collections. He teaches creative writing at Sinclair Community College and in Seton Hill University's Master of Fine Arts in Writing Popular Fiction program. Visit him on the web at www.timwaggoner.com
Kristina Purnhagen McBride: "Creating Strong Characters" session leader. Kristina is an AWW alumna, "First Book Speaker" for this year's Full Week AWW program, and the author of the Young Adult novel, The Tension of Opposites. Learn more about Kristina and her book at www.kristinamcbride.com
Chuck Freeland: "Voice for Fiction Writers and Poets" session leader. Chuck is twice the recipient of the Individual Excellence Award in Poetry from the Ohio Arts Council (2008 & 2010), Chuck Freeland lives in Dayton, Ohio where he is Professor of English at Sinclair Community College. He is the author of two books--a collection of poems and a book-length poem--as well as of poetry chapbooks. Visit him on the web at www.charlesfreelandpoetry.net
Becky Morean: "Getting Unstuck and Undone!" (motivational session for all types of writers. Becky is a novelist (In The Dead of Winter), short story writer and essayist. She is an assistant professor of English at Sinclair Community College and serves as a board member for the Antioch Writers' Workshop.
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (87)
- Writing Tips from AWW 2011 Keynoter, Nancy Pickard...
- Apply for Antioch Writers' Workshop scholarships
- AWW's "A La Carte" Options
- Enter Sinclair Community College contest to win sc...
- Announcing... Our 2011 Saturday Seminar Faculty!
- Dayton Daily News/AWW Short Story Contest--Best in...
- Friendly Reminder! Free Second Sunday Writers' Wor...
- Second Sunday FREE Writers' Workshop!
- ▼ February (9)
- ► 2010 (33)