Sinclair Community College and Antioch Writers' Workshop have teamed up to offer a writing contest with winning prizes that include tuition to the week long 2013 Summer Antioch Writers Workshop. Entries must be postmarked or entered here on Submittable by March 1, 2013.
Eligibility: Open to those writers who have received no payment for published manuscripts in the category they are entering (payment includes free copies of journals in which their work has appeared). Previous first and second place winners are ineligible to enter categories in which they have won. They may, however, enter other categories. Sinclair faculty, staff and spouses are
Winners: The winning entry in each category will receive $60. Second place in each category will receive $30. Third place in each category will receive $20. The above winners along with those receiving honorable mention will receive certificates suitable for framing. Contest winners will be presented awards during a March ceremony at Sinclair Community College. Winners need not be present; awards will be mailed. A final award to the winner of all categories will be made on behalf of the Antioch Writers' Workshop and includes a full tuition waiver to their week long workshop July 6-13 2013. Other first place winners will receive a scholarship to the Saturday AWW or may use their partial scholarship toward the full week. Check it out at: http://www.antiochwritersworkshop.com/
Adult: Fiction, Poetry, Creative Non-Fiction
High School: Fiction, Poetry, Creative Non-Fiction
Entries must be postmarked or entered here on Submittable by March 1, 2013.
All entries should be typed (double-spaced for prose entries only). Full name and address should appear in the upper left corner of each entry with title of the manuscript. Place last name and title on the top of each subsequent page.
• Prose must not exceed 5,000 words.
• Poetry must not exceed 100 lines per poem.
Members of the Sinclair Community College faculty will select the winning entries. Winners will be notified by phone in March.
If submitting online through Submittable: Fees are $7 per adult entry; $5 per high school entry. However, five poems will be considered one entry. As many manuscripts as an applicant wishes may be submitted, along with appropriate fees.
If submitting through the mail: Fees are $5.00 per adult entry, and $4.00 per high school entry. One check made out to Sinclair Community College will be sufficient to cover all entries.
Professor Rebecca Morean, Director
Creative Writing Contest
Sinclair Community College
444 West Third Street, Room 5133
Dayton, Ohio 45402-1460
Friday, March 1, 2013
- ► 2014 (63)
- Attention Dayton Writers: AWW/DDN Short Story Cont...
- Last Day to Register for the Spring One-Day Semina...
- Just a Couple Days Left to Register for "Writing f...
- Just Days Left to Register for Spring One-Day Semi...
- Registration Information for the Spring One-Day Se...
- REMINDER: Spring One-Day Seminar -- Writing for Yo...
- REMINDER: Second Sunday Free Writers' Workshop Tom...
- Register for the Spring One-Day Seminar!
- Second Sunday Free Writers' Workshop March 10
- Online Registration for "Writing for Young Readers...
- Final Day to Submit to Sinclair Community College ...
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2012 (87)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (33)