Having failed as a zookeeper, modern dancer, Greenwich Village waiter, filmmaker, and wire service journalist, Moore now writes essays and stories. He has been published in The Southern Review, The Georgia Review, Harpers, The New York Times Sunday Magazine, The Philadelphia Inquirer Magazine, Gettysburg Review, Utne Reader, and Crazyhorse, among numerous other venues.
Dinty W. Moore lives in Athens, Ohio, which he calls "the funkadelicious, hillbilly-hippie Appalachian epicenter of the locally-grown, locally-consumed, goats-are-for-cheese, paw-paws-are-for-eatin’, artisanal-salsa, our-farmers-market-rocks-the-hills sub-culture," where he grows his own heirloom tomatoes and edible dandelions, and teaches in and serves as director of Ohio University’s BA, MA, and Ph.D. in Creative Writing program.
Monday, November 26, 2012
Introducing 2013 AWW Morning Creative Nonfiction / Memoir Instructor -- Dinty W. Moore
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (89)
- Introducing 2013 AWW Afternoon Fiction Seminar Ins...
- Introducing 2013 AWW Morning Creative Nonfiction /...
- Introducing 2013 AWW Morning Poetry Instructor - C...
- REMINDER: Free Writers' Workshop Sunday, November ...
- Introducing 2013 AWW Afternoon Poetry Seminar Inst...
- Free Writers' Workshop on Sunday, November 18 at B...
- ▼ November (6)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (33)